Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Transit Strike, Day 2: Awesometown, NY


Nothing like jamming to Earth, Wind & Fire and riding your Razor to work. (via The Apiary)

Still loopy from the various meds I'm on, I ended up striking generosity gold this morning, scoring a ride from all the way uptown to City Hall in a deliciously warm, friendly, NPR-tuned Camry, with two amazing couples. The driver wouldn't take a cent from me, so I told them next time, bagies and shmear on me.

It's kind of weird... but I'm in an AWESOME mood this morning. It was just so much easier to get to work than expected. And tonight's plan involves staying with a good, hilarious friend in Chelsea, seeing King Kong, and then sleeping balled up on his loveseat. When you see a puffy faced, hunchback tomorrow holding a black-studded weekender and a trough of Starbucks coffee, make sure to rub my hump for good luck.

Also, if this strike lasts for more than 30 days, I'm pretty sure New York is going to look and FEEL fabulous. You better stock up, "5 7 9"!


"Looking good, Billy Ray!" "Feeling good, Louis!"


 
© youcantmakeitup - Design by birdbranch
Site Meter