Monday, August 02, 2004

Keep a Bid On It



Above, a monkey coming out of an egg.

Maybe it's the Antiques Roadshow coma I've put myself into following a Sunday evening marathon (where 3 strands of Ancient Indian moccasin were fetching a couple hundred thou), but I can't get my mind off of auctions today.

I've done some research, and here are my weird web findings.

First off, a former theater student is giving me a run for "The Most Unfulfilled Employee in America". He was given the task of auctioning off his boss's baby clothes (snort), and his listings are rife with snideness. This guy is hilarious, and re-reading his posts, I feel a sense of calmness. If misery loves company, then consider me the Chief Executive Officer of "Blogging Don't Pay The Bills, Bitch, Inc."

Here's a link to one item (a baby hat) [via Defamer]

(The other items have been removed. That's drama Mary K. Blige style)

In addition, check out this website of strange and unusual auction items. WARNING: If you are afraid of clowns, think twice.

DISTURBING AUCTIONS.COM [Thanks to loyal reader, Paul, for the link]


 
© youcantmakeitup - Design by birdbranch
Site Meter