Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Ipod All My Hope In You



While I'm busy finalizing my material for tonight's reading, I just wanted to give you all a quick update on my Ipod woes.

A few weeks ago I posted about how my Ipod froze up and basically conked out. I took the advice of one reader who suggested slamming it hard against a table a few times, which I did, and while it did allow me to get past that frustrating exclamation point file, it also deleted all my music, and didn't take care of the major problem.

Anyway this weekend I finally went to the "Genius Bar", possible the most intimidating bar in New York (after the multi-million dollar business dealings that go down at the TGI Friday's on Fulton Street.) After about a 30 minute wait, my adorable Apple rep and I shot the shit a little, then he reached under his desk and handed me a brand new one. Working. Gleaming. New. Sigh.



I'm right now at work listening to a little Neil Finn and Kelly Clarkson, and I feel fucking fantastic. Sure, I lost many hundreds of hours uploading music onto my player, but they gave me a new one! Just like I used to do with my Jansport backpack in middle school! It really works!

Thanks to everyone for their help!

*Pictures above courtesy of I Heart Internet, my now defunct comedy show from a few months ago at The Apple Store with #1 Apple Fan Chelsea Peretti.


 
© youcantmakeitup - Design by birdbranch
Site Meter