Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Reviews Are In!



I desperately tried to score a ticket to one of last night's midnight screenings of Star Wars, not because I'm such a rabid SW fan, moreso because I just really like crowds. Alas, every single theater in New York was sold out, so instead I just sat in my house eating shredded wheat biscuits in a bowl with no milk.

Luckily, my L.A. correspondent Annie phones in this review of the movie that I think sums it up quite nicely:
Hello friends,

I just got back from the midnite showing of Star Wars and let me tell you it was awesome. While there were a few flaws, they really returned the
story to its old school style and power and I highly recommend you guys
go out to see it - I do not think you will be disappointed.

Plus, you will score a great new phrase:

"I sense Count Dooku."

This can be used either when you yourself must make number two, or when
it becomes clear that someone else already has.

Now I'm dying to see it. I haven't been to the movies in months.

Anyone in NYC wanna catch a showing tonight? I'll bring my Kool 100's, a bottle of Jack, and a good attitude... interested?



Aside: While we're on a reviewing streak, I'd like to add my own two pence: Boozy: The Life, Death, and Subsequent Vilification of Le Corbusier and, More Importantly, Robert Moses, a lengthy title for a really entertaining new play going on at 45 Bleecker Street. It was a New Yorker pick of the week, has gotten great reviews everywhere, and take it from me: As someone who is highly judgmental and easily bored, I really enjoyed myself. And the acting! Trust me, worth the ticket price. There's even a rabbit dressed up like a Nazi in it! I'm even debating reading The Power Broker now, something I've put off for decades, not to mention lugging that monster around is a fantastic upper-body work-out. Counterpoint: Run to the theater!


 
© youcantmakeitup - Design by birdbranch
Site Meter