Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Party It Up Today, Christians!

Leave it to the BBC to open my eyes to what I believe is the best Christian Holiday ever... Shrove Tuesday! Here is the graphic on BBC's main site that got my taste-buds... I mean BRAIN buds, salivating:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

At first, I truly believed that there was a religious holiday dedicated to just how fucking satisfying pancakes are. I mean, I spent three straight months senior year of college eating nothing but Shake N' Pour, the most brilliant and cost effective food evah. Just pour water into the bottle, shake it up, cook it, and DONE. PANCAKES. Sober, drunk, early in the morning, or in the wee hours of the binge eating night, pancakes were the only option.

So Shrove Tuesday sounded right up my semitic alley! I kept reading:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ahh, now I see. This wasn't so much a holiday dedicated to PANCAKES as it was a Festival of celebrating your last day before lent with pancakes. Then, of course, it dawned on me that today is Fat Tuesday, a holiday we here in America celebrate with margaritas and titty flashing. To each his own.

Shrove Tuesday is known to some as National Pancake Day (as by this hilarious website calls it), where "the making and eating of pancakes" is "a noisy, stimulating, exhilarating, greedy, happy time." So it's final. I'm stuffing my face with pancakes for lunch. Some more flapjack facts, including the origin of the Pancake Olympics:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So no matter what your religion, let us all worship our inner and outer fatties and just eat pancakes as the day is long. It's sure to put a smile on your dimpled ass.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


 
© youcantmakeitup - Design by birdbranch
Site Meter